No headlights on 1998 dodge durango

Old 04-07-09, 06:36 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No headlights on 1998 dodge durango

The lights won't come on low or high. If you hold the switch lever back the high beam will come on but goes off when released. Tried replacing the multifunction switch on the column but the lights still won't come on. I can follow a schematic if I had one.

Last edited by medium1; 04-07-09 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-07-09, 03:21 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You said you tried? replacing the multifunction switch on steering column. Tried? Did you actually replace it or not. That is what was wrong with my 90 Dodge Spirit, and that solved my problem.

The fact you were able to get lights, even momentarily, by fooling with that lever, is just what mine did. I learned by a wiring schematic that the 12 volt hot wire goes from the multilever switch, to the fuses down by my left knee (a 10 amp fuse for left headlight and another 10 amp fuse for right headlight.

When I discovered no current even coming into the fuse, that is when I knew the problem was even upstream of the fuse block. And that is where I read on the Mitchell's wiring schematic that the multilever switch was upstream, feeding hot to the fuse block.

Old 04-07-09, 07:15 PM
M
Replaced the switch and no still no lights.

Old 04-08-09, 03:50 PM
E
Are you getting power coming into the fuse(s)?

You are not getting a lot of help here, so far. You may have to check out a wiring schematic if you plan on DIY.

Old 04-10-09, 11:59 AM
M
The main light switch was defective and difficult to replace. The high beam comming on with the lever back threw me off because it doesn't get power through the switch.

Old 04-10-09, 03:18 PM
E
Thanks for posting back. Did a wiring diagram help you?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: