99 Bonneville SE wont start after it rains

Old 04-13-09, 04:18 PM
99 Bonneville SE wont start after it rains

we have checked and rechecked everything 3 times. we have taken it to 3 respected and reputable mechanics and all 3 said " I dont know" which is what the dealership said as well. but something is getting wet after it rains and the electrical system partially shuts down to include the fuel pump rendering it impossible to start although the ignition works fine. has anybody had this problem or heard of it? its making me nuts.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-09, 05:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Presumably you do not even have to drive it first in the rain, for this to happen? And the vehicle cranks just fine, except it just does not fire off?

Can you recreate the syndrome with a garden hose on a nice day? Or does it have to be humid out for it to happen? (Just because it rains does not mean it is 100% humid out, oddly enough). Fog is really bad!

The reason I ask this is - that if you can recreate the problem with a hose, means the mechanics can, on any given day, and then solve it. Otherwise you or they will have to test on day it rains.

You could have moisture following to ground along some bare or cracked exposed hot wire somewhere, even.