Mits. Mirage power window

Old 04-15-09, 05:04 PM
Mits. Mirage power window

My son drives this 1997 Mits. Mirage back and forth to school. One of the rear windows stopped working (probably a bad motor). The other windows work fine. The window is stuck in the open position - can't close it. He took the car to a nearby shop and asked them to somehow close the window for him without replacing the motor as he does not intend to use that window. They want $300 !! For a school kid this is way too much. I'm pretty handy and have all kinds of tools. Can someone recommend a website or a place that can show how to disassemble the window so I can just put it up for him ? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-09, 05:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Pull the interior door panel off. Find any screws on the outside that is holding it on, including in the door handle/lock area, then start prying it off.

When you get the panel loose enough to pull away from the door, carefully reach behind the panel and disconnect the wiring harness to the panel.

Then you should be able to look inside the door and find the motor. You will have to disconnect the window lift from the motor or try to physically lift the window up from the lift.

Old 04-15-09, 08:56 PM
might be able to jar motor with a hammer and get it to work one more time, after you get the glass up un plug the motor to prevent somone accidently letting it down.