Frt Brks Clunck 2004 F-250

Old 04-23-09, 08:17 AM
Frt Brks Clunck 2004 F-250

2004 F-250 4x4 When applying brakes there is clunck noise that comes from the frt end. One clunck and thats it. Doesn't keep cluncking. Rotors have been ground,with in specs. Pads are good. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-09, 08:59 AM
Probably the calipers loose in the caliper plates or a loose wheel - or it could be in the suspension. Try backing up and hitting the brakes - another clunk?

Old 04-23-09, 04:06 PM
i agree its the caliper. take the wheels off and the caliper off the bracket. the bolts that held the caliper should be greased up good. if not re-grease 'em and make sure that when you put it back together its nice and tight. also double check to make sure that the pads are also in thier sliding grooves. if all is fine after everything check for looseness at the master cylinder and the brake booster, its possible that the bolt may be loose causing the solid "clunk" that you are hearing. hope this helps ya

Old 04-26-09, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, no clunk when backing up. I will check calipers tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Old 06-02-09, 02:11 PM
Well no more clunking in frt end of truck. After take frt wheels off and check the calipers bolt and braket bolts were tight, which they were. Greased the fittings on the ? that connects the right and left wheels together so that they turn right and then left together. Put wheels back on and now after the first time apply the brakes no more clunking. Drives and stops safe and straight.