99 f250 lack of oil

Old 04-25-09, 01:50 PM
99 f250 lack of oil

Im working on a 99 f250 reg 4.6 romeo engine which started making noise from the timing area.I lissened to the noise with a scope and determined the noise to be on the right side of the engine coming from the timing area and the valve cover. I tore down the front of the engine only to find the right chain flopping & 5 of the right side lifters compressed.The guides on the right side looked good ,but the guide on the left side for the tentioner chewed up.I took a starter switch and turned over the engine only to find oil on the left side but no oil on the right side of the engine.Before starting all of this i had did an oil presh test and had 40 psi which is well with in specs.?? I replaced all of the guides and both tentioners with new ones from ford retested still only got oil on one side of engine?????

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-09, 02:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If truly no oil on right side of engine -if you were to remove the right valvecover, since that is the end of the pressure line, and hardest for oil to finally get to, I'd imagine -wouldn't parts up there be showing signs of no oil, even scoring, if this is true?

Old 04-25-09, 03:22 PM
Thats the strange thing about it when the valve covers where removed there was vary little oil to be found on the right side of the engine.I was amazed to find no scoring of cam,guides or rockers.The only thing i could find was the tentioner guide chewed up on the left side the side that has plenty of oil.And when i turned it over with a remote starter switch the left side pumps oil and the right side dont and at the same time the oil presh maintains 30-40 psi.