Master cylinder for 95 JettaIII

Old 05-07-09, 08:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Master cylinder for 95 JettaIII

Howdy,

The master cylinder in my car is having occasional issues with varying pressure on the pedal, once in a while, the pedal goes to the floor. It comes back up with pumping, so I and I friend talked about it and thought master cylinder. He offered to do the labor, I will help mainly because this is something that I have never done before. He said 1/2 hour, probably could figure it out with my roommate, but it would take us about 3 hours. A case of Corona is paying for the labor and I do help him with stuff like his pool cover. Now onto my question. How much should I expect to pay for this puppy at the auto parts store? I am just asking for a ballpark figure. Thank you much for any input and have a good one!!

Last edited by nightowlpunk; 05-07-09 at 09:00 AM. Reason: ususal
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-09, 11:27 AM
Group Moderator
Should be under $100; maybe $80?

Old 05-07-09, 12:14 PM
Thank you much!! It isn't critical yet, but figured I should get it done before I lose my brakes again. Do not wish for the third time to be the charm.
First time was brake pads falling out on an 84 Mazda p/u. I heard grinding, my dad said they were fine, next day bye bye pads. Second time was with this Jetta. I lost a wheel cylinder.

Old 05-07-09, 12:30 PM
Cannot believe that I didnt just look up prices at auto parts stores websites. AZ has it for $57.99 plus $15 core. Kinda funny that the ABS version cost less than another store without the ABS option.

Old 05-10-09, 10:15 AM
Just a warning to anyone else who has a car like mine. According to the autozone website, the ABS master cylinder has been discontinued. Did find it at another parts store about1/2 hour from my house for $85 and no core charge.l