Child seat and CRV leather

Old 05-12-09, 10:13 AM
Child seat and CRV leather

We have a Honda crv-2009,3 months old.Wife worried that the babies seat(grand daughters) will leave marks in new car with leather seats.The only reason we have leather is she used heated seats for back.What would be a good way of installing ,I guess behind the baby seat so that there are no marks, indents,or rips .Have tried a towel but that left indents after only two hours.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-09, 05:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Or you could do as my daughter does in her CRV, and fold up a thick towel under where the seat sits. Or not.

Old 05-13-09, 05:16 AM
I used a folded bath towel when we had a car w/ leather in it. It did prevent the seats from getting indents in the seat. Then when I switched to a forward facing the towel was to big. So I bought a grip it mat. Well that prevented the slipping, but the seat left indents in the seat. Took about 2 weeks to go away completely.

Old 05-13-09, 08:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If the seat folds down, is there a way to secure the baby seat? It is amazing what you can find in the side rails of a baby seat. I once saw a couple shotgun shells in the side rail once in my boss's truck's back seat.