1997 Chevy S10 with stuck door

Old 05-14-09, 11:54 AM
1997 Chevy S10 with stuck door

I returned to my '97 Chevy S10 today after doing a little shopping on my lunch hour. The rain had just started to come down. I tried to unlock my door using my keyless entry and I heard the clicking as normal. When I pulled the handle, however, the door remained 'locked'. I tried the keyless again and then the key and still no go. I went around to the passenger side and reached for the interior handle and still nothing. I unloaded my cart and climbed in from the passenger seat.

I drove back to work and I pushed the unlock button about five or six times and was surprised to find that the door opened when I pulled the handle again.

Can someone tell me what the likely cause of this malfunction and what steps I can take to correct it? If it should happen again, can I somehow open the door by removing the interior door panel and reaching inside somehow?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-09, 06:49 PM
did you try using the key on the outside of the drivers door? Maybe it was still locked, most GM products will not open from the inside unless the door is unlocked.

Old 05-15-09, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I tried the keyless again and then the key and still no go.
I also tried the mechanical slider to unlock the lock from the inside.