1993 Inifiniti J30

Old 05-14-09, 04:05 PM
1993 Inifiniti J30

This may sound weird. In the morning when I go to start the car I hear a clunking sound and the car won't start. After about 7 cranks it will start and run fine and and if I run to the bank or store it will start fine but if it sits again for a longer time it starts to clunk when you try start it I have replaced the starter and I still have the same problem.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-09, 03:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Where is the clunk from? Starter area or someplace else. Did you get the battery checked?

Old 05-15-09, 08:32 PM
It sounds like it coming from the fan area. We just installed a new starter and the noise was gone the rest of the day and the next morning it was back. We have not had the battery checked yet. It will start after a few turns but it does not seem to be laboring while trying to start.

Old 05-16-09, 03:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Start at the basics get the battery checked first.

Old 05-19-09, 07:18 PM
I had the battery checked and its still good. I even went as far as taking the starter out and having it replaced. after we were done putting the Battery & Strater back in the car started fine and drove ok. then when I got in to start it this morning it just clicked again.