1993 Buick Century

Old 05-14-09, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1993 Buick Century

I have a 1993 Buick Century with the 3300 series V-6 engine. It has developed quite a bad problem with missing, and stalling when trying to get going from a stop. Car has close to 130000 miles on it. SES light comes and and goes off. Pulled codes, code 34, MAF Sensor. Replaced MAF sensor, and still doing the same thing. Plugs, wires are new. Has coil packs, don't know if those could be going or not. Code 34 is the only code that shows up. I did accidentally put like 3 gallons of E-85 in it about 2 months ago. Did that possibly do something to the engine?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-09, 07:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 48 Votes on 38 Posts
I think before going any further I would be checking fuel pressure. Any chance the fuel filter has been changed lately? If not, I would do it; just possible the E85 loosened things up in the tank that are now in your fuel filter (or even injectors ).

Old 05-15-09, 11:59 AM
D
sounds identicle to what I had happen this last week.. turned out to be a EGR valve that I needed to replace.. I had a big miss and stall every light.. but once your moving you have normal power and dosent seem to miss when you rev it up? but only misses when idling..? egr valve or look into it could be plugged passageway egr itself.. or make sure all vaccum lines to it are good

Old 05-15-09, 01:32 PM
Oh no it misses at speed too. Sometimes when you punch it to pass someone it hick ups then you can here it popping back through the intake then it goes. So something is definitely amiss with it.

Cory