alero window

Old 05-16-09, 02:25 PM
wwc
alero window

I have a 2000 olds alero 4 door, the drivers side window stopped working, i took off the door panel and everything seems to be connected,no broken clips that i can see.
the window started acting up awhile back and i could roll it up with the switch from the front door or back door but then it stopped completely one day, it was falling down a few inches and i could lift it up by hand but if i hit a bump it would fall down that couple inches again, i raised it up from inside the door and it seemd to jam in the up position and doesn't fall down anymore now.
the motor doesn't make any noise or hum so i think the motor is bad, what do you think?

How do i replace the motor and disconnect all the cables from the regulator etc..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-09, 07:01 PM
well i would say that you made a good diognosis. sounds like a textbook motor failure. to replace it its pretty much plug and play. ive only changed one in my time (still young, only 19 ) just be sure and double check any of the wires and connectors you will remove from the old system and that they are in the correct position

Old 05-17-09, 11:16 PM
wwc
thanks , you make it sound easy, thats good to hear.

can you describe some what gets disconnected and how.

Old 05-23-09, 09:16 PM
wwc
sounds like you have done this right?

what clips or cables etc get removed?