Volvo Security System

Old 05-17-09, 05:47 AM
Volvo Security System

Does anybody out there know an easy way to disable the security system on a 2001 C-70 Volvo? Specifically I only need to try to disable the portion of the system that relates to the ignition key. Ours has intermittent starting problems that the dealer says is caused by the security system not recognizing the key. The second set of keys worked without any trouble for a while but now both sets are causing issues. It'll start and run until the gas in the fuel rail burns off and then quit. Sometimes swapping keys works, sometimes you have to crank it for ten minutes. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-09, 06:44 PM
as much as i hate to say..and this is me gritting my teeth while im saying it... u might have to go through the dealer to fix this one. the system most dealerships used is pretty much hardwired throughout to wiring harness and the purposefully make it very hard to disable for obvious reasons. i dont know much about alarm systems and i might be missing something. hope it helps

Old 05-18-09, 04:27 AM
Thanks. I was afraid I'd end up back at the dealer. They weren't particularly helpful when we first noticed the problem. Their only advice was "don't carry or hang the keys with other manufacturers keys or remotes". Afraid of inbreeding I guess. It's been going on for a couple of years so I think we'll end up living with it until we get rid of the car.

Search this Thread