tool cleaning

Old 05-19-09, 04:34 PM
tool cleaning

hi all. a random question popped into my head just now about cleaning up your tools. im moving my chest out of my work and into my shed at my house and was wondering if there is any solution that i can clean my tools with. im gonna stick my wrenches and all in the parts washer but im leery about putting my wratcheting tools in there because of the grease in the gears. if its alright to use then i will but if there is anything else i can use all advise will be helpful

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-09, 05:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We use nothing but a light weight oil on all our tools. Keeps them free from corrosion.

Old 05-20-09, 04:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree with Mark

Why would you want to put your tools in a parts washer? I usually just take a rag and wipe mine clean. The oil/grease that gets on the tools will help to keep them rust/corrosion free!

Old 05-20-09, 06:06 AM
If your really picky......... CRC works well, and leaves a Fresh Clean umm.....Kerosene scent..... Without the drying and chapping of the leading Parts washer fluid....

Old 05-20-09, 01:20 PM
lol, i have ocd so it doesnt help my nerves when all my tools are dirty as heck. its just alittle pet peeve of mine. thx for the info