91 civic cruise vacuum

Old 05-28-09, 03:38 PM
91 civic cruise vacuum

we have 91 Civic with electrical cruise control actuator.
does not work.
i was told that it, also, is supposed to have vacuum attached to it.
matter of fact, there's a what looks like vacuum hose hanging down from actuator in front of it, next to radiator. it is sliced across.
anyone knows where that vacuum line is supposed to be attached? looks like 3/8th diameter to me.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-09, 04:36 PM
First off....

Once you are 150% sure that you arent looking at the drain tube to the rad, The actuator should be connected to Engine vacuum source, Either "TEE'D" or directly to the manifold.

If you still have the VAC diagram on the hood, you can do it that way.

Old 05-29-09, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
First off....

Once you are 150% sure that you arent looking at the drain tube to the rad, The actuator should be connected to Engine vacuum source, Either "TEE'D" or directly to the manifold.

If you still have the VAC diagram on the hood, you can do it that way.
200% positive not a radiator drain, that one is much more over to the headlight. and tubing is definitely coming out of the actuator, as i had it(actuator) removed twice working on timing belt and such.
for whatever wise reason, that tubing is hanging down on the radiator side of the cc, which is about an inch away from radiator, on the opposite end of engine and any vacuums. that must have been some LONG vacuum hose.
vacuum diagram on the hood has no mentioning of cruise at all, checked.
all connections are cleaned and appear to be in functioning order. there's no mechanical bind anywhere. cc button in the dash turns green when pressed. steering wheel buttons appear to be working, connector is connected, i had steering wheel off.
IF IT WAS T-D INTO THE ENGINE VACUUM SOURCE, ISN'T THERE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE LEFT AVAILABLE? as i can not find one for the love of gods.