Honda Odyssey 2000 transmition failure

Old 06-02-09, 11:22 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honda Odyssey 2000 transmition failure

while driving on a Hwy. my van suddenly lost all power. I managed to pull over but the car became unresponsive. I've been told that the transmition died. Any ideas about what I could do? I just paid a few hundred dollars to replace one the mirrors alone. I think the car is worth more as parts. It has a hidden hitch installed, 2 sets of wheels and the car performed well until the last moment. Also I am considering a Toyota Camry Hybrid as my new car. Any opinions?
Thanks,
Lilian

Old 06-02-09, 01:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 67 Votes on 56 Posts
Let's start with a little clarification.

When the van "lost power" did the engine continue to run as you coasted to the shoulder? Any other indications, i.e. strange noises, etc?

Old 06-02-09, 02:01 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi, yes the engine continue to run but the car would not move. There had been some strange noises on and off a few weeks before, sort of high pitched sound when the motor started. Also a couple of times the gear shift would not easily move below D. But just before it quit there was nothing unusual.
Thanks for your response,
Lilian

Old 06-02-09, 05:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 67 Votes on 56 Posts
Fairly young vehicle to have blown the tranny; I don't know that the Odyssey has any particular tranny problems. I certainly don't tow very many of them. Going to need an opinion from a good tranny shop, but better grab your wallet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: