Bad Spider On 1995 Blazer

Old 06-06-09, 06:37 PM
Bad Spider On 1995 Blazer

Alright guys im looking for advice on this. My 1995 4.3L V6 Vortec Blazer has been giving me lots of issues, ill list them let me know if you agree with my mechanics thought. It idles very rough and the oil pressure drops low when stopping, it smells very strong of gas and my millage is HORRIBE lately. They think the fuel injection system (spider) is bad and needs to be replaced after doing two scans on it. I have always used them and they have always been good to me so I have no reason not to trust them just looking for another opinion. Oh and btw I have replaced the spark plugs, oxygen sensors, plug wires, distrubuter cap, and cleaned the egr valve.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-09, 03:08 AM
The Spyder, or Crab, is a Common problem with GM Vortec Designs. They are probably on the mark, and since you have no reason to distrust them, there is no reason to start now.

However...In their defense, there are things about this particular procedure, that CANNOT be seen until it is dissassembled. The supply tubes can fracture, which are hidden under the plenum with the Crab, There are 2 deigns, one requires the CFI to be replaced, the other has a removeable regulator.... Quite a difference in price between the two.

On a bit of an important note....If it Floods badly enough to sag the idle to the point of turning on the oil warning...ITS A DEFINITE FIRE HAZARD..and should have been fixed .....like ...umm...YESTERDAY....

I dont Know how old you are, But some of the older guys remember Carburetors, and a situation known as the DRIPS...
Unmetered fuel would "Leak" into the manifold, without going past the throttle blades, and therefore having no way to control the amount of fuel ingested, would flood.......Your situation is exactly the same as the DRIPS, only an" Enhanced electronic version", with considerably more fuel pressure involved as compared to a Carburetor.

Old 06-07-09, 10:15 AM
Im 17 but I know what your talking about lol, it does not turn on the oil warning but it does go down, I just got the 400$ for this so it will be done soon, is 400$ the highest it can go and it could be less or is that on the low end cause around 400 is my max

Search this Thread