AC in 99 Honda Accord

Old 06-22-09, 06:13 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC in 99 Honda Accord

My AC in the 99 Accord has always had what I consider poor cooling especially on very hot days. What is the strategy to diagnose this problem? Several yrs ago refrigerant was added which really was of questionable value. I don’t want to just pump more refrigerant in and hope for the best. What should I ask for? Car will be serviced next week and I would like this issue looked at. Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-22-09, 03:41 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the air blows out strong, and yet it is not real cool - if the compressor runs to where you know that a load is being put on the engine, meaning it indeed is compressing and not just the belt free wheeling, and not cutting in and out on you either - then either you could have condensor coils at the front grill all clogged up, or the condensor/radiator fan is not running all the time, or you have a refrigerant loss, or a blend door malfunction----- be my guess.

Old 06-24-09, 01:04 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
when the refrigerant was added "several years ago" was it empty completely? if it was empty an not vacuumed properly before refilling, that can cause problems too. just an odd thought... if so. it needs to be done or you'll never have "ice cold" a/c.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: