A/C Relay Switch 99 Jeep Gr Cherokee

Old 06-16-09, 11:05 AM
A/C Relay Switch 99 Jeep Gr Cherokee

My A/C runs (no warning lights), but does not cool. I recently had the system recharged and I was told by the shop they suspected the relay switch was bad.

How hard is it to change these and could this be done by me....I have little experience with cars but an above average aptitude for working with things.

I live in MN, so I only have 3 months a year where I wish I had the A/C and can do without it (going on 2 years now)...but I have some time and thought I would give it a shot if it is possible. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-09, 10:52 PM
Smile

Brian6464, my name is thumper777, I too am a quick learner and am just learning how to work on my car because I can not afford garage prices. You said they just suggested that it was the swith. Can You find out for sure? I just did my oilpan and gasket 2 months ago and saved myself 300 bucks. What I did was, I got a repair manual for my car at autozone. and followed the directions it looked like somthing I could do so I did it. The repair manual costs me about 20 dollars and was and is worth it. I don't know if you have an autozone in your area but they also have a website autozone.com that will tell you how much parts are and a do it yourself section. I hope this helps. Good Luck! Blessings thumper 777

Last edited by thumper 777; 06-20-09 at 11:13 PM.