2005 Equinox front end rattle

Old 06-26-09, 05:08 PM
2005 Equinox front end rattle

I just wanted to update on my earlier posting and some excellent advise I received from a GM Tech after my last posting a month or so ago. I finally found the time to pull out the sway bar links and replace them. While they felt tight when attached, once they were out the excessive and loose play on each end was obvious. I installed new right and left replacements for $60.00 all in, and it completely solved the problem. The car now drives and feels like it should, and not like the front suspension was going to fall apart. I hope others with similar problems with an Equinox or Vue, do what I did and save themself whatever charges repair shops and dealers like to demand. Both links took me about 30 minutes to R&R.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-09, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear that fixed your problem...Should I just bill you for the $119.95 diagnosing?

Old 06-29-09, 08:58 AM
Thank you Firstshack

I was hoping that a big thank you would be enough. I think that I need to spend the $120.00 now on new front brake pads, along with getting the rotors turned. (still original). You were right also about not really being able to check for looseness while on the vehicle. I hope that the new ones are more durable than what GM put on. They are now solid steel rods from Auto Zone compared to the overly engineered for weight reduction version that came from the factory. This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned . 62,000 miles and up until now only a set of tires, cabin filter and wiper blades. Nothing else. Sorry, but I didn't need to give the dealer any warranty work either. Given the choice I will buy American any day, and yes I have owned Toyotas in the past also.