2001 Olds Silouhette AC question

Old 06-26-09, 07:12 PM
2001 Olds Silouhette AC question

Okay, got an AC question for you AC gurus. I was driving home the other day from work in my van with the AC running, it got cold like normal but about half way home it started getting less and less cool. So I turned the AC off. Turned it back on a few minutes later and it blew cool again, but only for a few minutes. Then it got warm again.

Drove it to work the next day with the air on the whole way, no problems, but quit working again on the way home.

Things I've noticed. When the car is idling with the AC on, the idle is somewhat erratic kind of like maybe the compressor is cycling on and off. At first I thought I was probably low on AC coolant, but I put my gauge on the low side and it was perfect.

I also noticed that sometimes when it is working, it will get warm for a few seconds like maybe the compressor kicked off, but then came back on.

Sorry for the long post but I'm hoping this is a pretty simple fix. THanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-09, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by toofer View Post
At first I thought I was probably low on AC coolant, but I put my gauge on the low side and it was perfect.
What is perfect????? and what is the high side reading????? You did check this with the compressor running didnt you????

I hate to be a "Stick in the Mud" but A/c is not for the DIY'er. It can be extremely hazardous , and is much better left to someone with the proper training and knowledge...You wont be able to feel your cold air after the case of FROSTBITE you WILL get if things go wrong...

Search this Thread