2002 town & country passenger carpet soaking wet wheb driving in the rain.

Old 06-29-09, 05:46 PM
2002 town & country passenger carpet soaking wet wheb driving in the rain.

The passenger side carpet becomes soaking wet when driving in the rain. The a/c drip hose has been replaced with no improvement. Leaking problem only when raining, dealer has no suggestions on what to try next.

Can anyone offer a possible solution.

The windshield has been checked - no problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-09, 05:54 PM
Hello! Join carfix online. Lots of knowledgeable people their that are very helpful! Jack

Old 06-29-09, 07:46 PM
get under the dash with a light and have someone put a hose on the front of the van, look to see if you can find the leak. Look at the base of windshield, around the radio antenna if it comes in the fender, under the hood where the AC box comes through the firewall. Also check the seal at the rear of the hood for damage. If you pull the carpet back maybe you will see the water running down the floorboard and follow it up to where it is coming in. Water leaks can be tough to find, and sometimes requires some disassembly to repair. Just noticed you are in Georgia, what part? Close to Augusta?

Last edited by wire twister; 06-29-09 at 07:49 PM. Reason: add question
Old 06-30-09, 03:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by bjerky View Post
when driving in the rain.

I highlighted "driving". If this is the case, then the tires in motion may have something to do with it.

Old 06-30-09, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by unclejack View Post
Hello! Join carfix online. Lots of knowledgeable people their that are very helpful! Jack
Yup , good Idea Uncle Jack.....Because We are all retarded here on this board............

Anyway

Open the passenger door, and look at the antenna wire grommet. Water can be KICKED UP into the wells and leak in thru the wiring troughs and grommets......

Next... Your A/C housing shares a common bond with the water outside.....The fresh air inlet is under the wiper cowl, as is the "Body Drain". Fill the wiper trough with water from the garden hose, and it should run out about 6 or 8 inches behind the front wheels... Steady stream......if it doesnt , youve found your problem.

Another possibility of many more would be the lower Door weatherstrips, although unlikely.

Just a word of advice....When an "AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP" tells you that they are out of Ideas, it is time to find a new dealership.

Old 07-01-09, 06:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
Just a word of advice....When an "AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP" tells you that they are out of Ideas, it is time to find a new dealership.
That's what I was thinkin'. Not only in this thread but others I have read in some of our other forums here where the expert says to the homeowner that they don't have a clue what is wrong? What does the expert do? - just shrug and leave, and say, "Good luck!" ? I've never heard of such stuff before.

I thought that reputable places, that if they have questions themselves, get on the phone with a corporate tech, or maybe some other dealership or something.

Old 07-11-09, 12:03 AM
I know this is an old thread but do you have a sunroof on that thing the reason I ask I just had a Taurus in my shop with the same problem after checking the heater core the ac drip hose Ect ect I discovered the sunroofs drain tube went down the pass side A piller to drain under the car this tube was leaking inside the piller and the water was comming out the a piller by the door on the floorboards weld the only way I found this was my cust wanted me to pull the carpet so she could get new ones made the color of her choice. and it happened to be raining that day.Just a thought