tranny fluid cream color

Old 07-04-09, 08:26 AM
Unhappy tranny fluid cream color

hi all - I have a 98 voyageur. My tranny stopped working correctly, won't come out of 1st and reverse slips. I checked my fluid and its now a cream color and it seems to be high on the dip stick. I read that it could have been a leak from the engine coolant, so checking the coolant reservior, its almost the same cream(pinkish) color. Is my tranny shot or is it something else? What could have caused this? I'm at the point now where if it's the tranny I'll just sell the van for parts.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-09, 09:20 AM
The Oil cooler in the radiator has sprung a leak......that explains the trans fluid and Coolant mixture.....

Now.....Replacing the radiator only fixes half of the problem.....you must, at bare minimum have the trans fluid drained and refilled.....Im hardcore dead set AGAINST fluid flushing, as there is technically no need for it, and in most cases the pan doesnt get removed. Drop the trans pan, drain the fluid, change the filter, and TRY IT... there really are no solutions here, since you are already having trans slippage issues...It may work, and then again...May not......

Old 07-04-09, 07:49 PM
Group Moderator
Hey, 'diezel, you're suppposed to field the tough questions and leave the easy ones for me!

Old 07-05-09, 07:01 AM
Thanks 'diezel' will give it a try. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Search this Thread