dodge guru's try this one !

Old 07-25-09, 05:13 PM
dodge guru's try this one !

gotta 03 grand caravan v-6 skipps bad cold when it gets warmer it gets better but not good, when i travel down the hiway and hold throttle at a even speed it jumps somewhat, have replaced the following: plugs,wires,coil pacs, fuel filter, one injector that i thought might not sound as loud when checked with a stethiscope. there is no shrader valve to ck the fuel pressure either HELP PLEASE!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-09, 08:41 PM
Is your Check Engine light on???????

Almost everything that can cause your symptoms will like set a DTC in memory.....

Mileage on the Vehicle????? You said you changed Coil Pak...But your PCM is responsible for sending "DRIVER" signals out to the pak...If these signals are missing , or Corrupt....All the new paks in the world wont fix it....

Old 07-26-09, 05:32 AM
yes light is on i i put it on a scanner and it reads multiple mis fires,it did read massive vacume leak but found that and repaired, milage 115000.compression was all good and even

Old 07-26-09, 09:54 AM
Ok

There is either a vacuum leak that you have missed, or the MAP sensor is inaccurate... 3.3 /3.8???? The plastic Intake plenums are a known Burden......

Grab a buddy who smokes, and a roll of duct tape..... Remove the Airbox hose and Cover the throttle body with duct tape. Remove the brake booster hose from The booster... And have your buddy Puff into the hose (With The engine OFF of course)... Where the smoke leaks out, is where the vacuum leaks in....

Old 07-26-09, 09:59 AM
it is a 3.3. WOW! never thought a that one i'll try it and get back to you thanks!

Old 07-26-09, 10:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool trick Unc!! Would canned smoke work for this as well? I mean the kind used to check fire alarms.

Old 07-26-09, 10:40 AM
appears no leaks just a little where the tape was. so your saying map sensor? is there a way i can test to make sure?

Old 07-26-09, 10:43 AM
Where can you buy canned smoke? An HVAC supply house for testing furnace exchangers?

Those 4th of July smoke balls really put out the smoke, also. If a person dropped a lit on into a metal container and had a hose come off the container where you then put it up against the car hose, that maybe could work?, if no "canned smoke" available in the person's area?

Old 07-26-09, 11:15 AM
Actually, It was an article from a HotRod magazine back in the 70's entitled Smoke and mirrors... Low budget Diagnostic tips and tricks....

Unfortunately I havent worked with an 850 CFM 'Double pumper" Holley 4 barrel since I got married..

ECMAN.... Admission time....I sidelined in Audio production, lighting and sound engineering for a while , both as a hobby , and to work thru school....."Canned smoke" or reasonable facsimile is available at any theatre or stage supply house...

MAP sensors cant really be checked without a scan tool data stream...... Hit up the junkyard for a suitable "Test Unit", (A buck or two, if they charge you at all)...and If it works out...Buy one of your own

Old 07-26-09, 11:25 AM
thanks for the info unc. also smoke "bombs" can be obtained at some plumbing supply places as they use these for checking leaks in vent piping systems

Old 07-26-09, 02:22 PM
It was kind of funny how I set off the fire alarm system for a school by making a mop bucket of water. The water was hot enough to steam and it went into a smoke detector and drove it bugspit. I knew about the canned smoke from the fire alarm system checks at the theater I clean. I have to let them in.