2005 Toyota Camry SE V6 replace serpentine belts

Old 08-01-09, 11:03 AM
Question 2005 Toyota Camry SE V6 replace serpentine belts

Does anyone know where I can find information on how to replace the serpentine belts in the Toyota Camry SE V6? It is two belts and the engine is a 3.3 liter.

I have tried to located something online - but can't find anything. Does anyone know how to do it - or where I can find info.

Thanks,
Susan

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-09, 06:34 PM
Toyota uses an adjustable pulley/tensioner you have to loosen the bolt in the middle of the pulley (some have a nut on the back side) and adjust the bolt that it has. The P/S pump is usually one of the adj pionts also the easiest way is with the r/front tire off and the splash panel off there isn't much room to work in there and it's located on the back side of the engine on the bottem, you will have to loosen the piviot bolt on the pump then you have to loosen the lock bolt for the adjuster bolt and can turn the adjuster bolt on that.Please make sure if you go after that one this way that the car is supported by something other than a jack on that side. You will have to be under the car to do it.

Old 08-02-09, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Autozone has the same basic info that MM posted.

I was going to answer yesterday...but I wasn't sure of the engine..it didn't show in the repair gude for your car.

Search this Thread