ford taurus noise

Old 08-06-09, 07:09 PM
ford taurus noise

Hello,

I have a 1997 ford taurs with automatic transmission. Sometimes when I'm stopped I hear a sound when I place my foot on the gas. It's hard to explain the noise. It seems like an exploding sound but at much much lower volume. It doesn't happen every time. Can anyone tell me what this is? I recently had the oil pump for the transmission replaced. Could it be related to that?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-09, 06:18 AM
Group Moderator
Possibly something loose in the exhaust system and you are hearing that.

Old 08-07-09, 06:32 PM
i wonder if it's a misfire. if it was a misfire the check engine light would be on. is it on?

Old 08-13-09, 12:45 PM
It is a misfire. It's gotten a little worse and that's what it sounds like. The check engine light has been on for several months due to a bad camshaft position sensor. Would fixing the camshaft position sensor fix the misfire?

Old 08-14-09, 07:01 AM
Group Moderator
Good possibility and good place to start. Also any routine maintenance items; plugs, wires, etc.

Old 08-17-09, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by daufoi View Post
It is a misfire. It's gotten a little worse and that's what it sounds like. The check engine light has been on for several months due to a bad camshaft position sensor. Would fixing the camshaft position sensor fix the misfire?
If the cam position sensor was not working, I doubt it would run at all. It could be related to the knock sensor not working. Have you had the codes pulled from the computer??