1993 Honda LX Accord Wgn AC Question

Old 08-09-09, 07:21 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1993 Honda LX Accord Wgn AC Question

just had a bunch of issues/problems repaired on 93 Honda Wgn.

Wagon has apprx 155K miles and is in relatively good condition both inside and mechanical for its age. one of the issues Honda shop was asked to look at was poor cooling. they reported back that operating pressures were good and compressor was running. however cooling is still poor.

any ideas? does refrigerant lose its effectiveness over time?

I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions as I intend to take car back next week and discuss with owner.

thanks in advance.

Old 08-09-09, 12:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Had the same problem with my 95 VW Jetta, which at the time had 200k or so (225 now). I had a bad radiator fan which isn't related, but in order to get it out without having to take apart the front end of the car I had to disconnect the main A/C line (134a). Neighbor mentioned as he watched that it looked like I had a full charge in there. He is an ex-mechanic, now works for Tilcon, got sick of mechanic as full time. Could it just be that the 134a needed to be changed? Could it be the same problem in the 93 Honda wagon?

Old 08-09-09, 02:22 PM
Pressures are good, but poor cooling.........

Ok...Humor me for a moment...Ive seen this too many times to count.......

Sit in the car...and "FEEL" the temperature knob....rotate it gently.

Do you feel any "Drag" on it.....???? Typically , the shaft breaks off in the knob, and the knob "Free spins".....And doesnt change anything.....

Pull the knob off, and turn the shaft with a pair of pliers.....Does it now get Cold????

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: