Car Covers

Old 08-18-09, 02:34 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Car Covers

Hope this is the right forum to post this. I just bought a new Toyota Camry. I don’t drive much, and like my old car, it will sit for weeks at a time. I only drive the car when going out of town. For daily use and the hills, the truck gets used. The car sits in an open car port. The cat, and now the new neighbors cat use the car to get to a sleeping spot in the rafters, not to mention the constant wind that covers the car in dust, and the front end sticks out, and gets rained on a lot here on the coast in the PNW, so I’m looking for something that will keep the car clean, dry and dust free.

I’ve done a few minutes of searching on the web, and came up with two that look nice. The nicest looking one is made my Empire Covers, and seems to have good customers reviews, tho the waterproof one doesn’t have the good reviews as the first one on the page.

The other one is Block-It® 380, which I can’t figure out if it’s water proof or water resistant, and no customer reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with these or other waterproof covers I might not have found?

Old 08-18-09, 02:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not had any experience with the ones mentioned, but you don't want "waterproof", as it does not breathe, and that's bad for the paint job. Condensation will form and cause all sorts of problems. There are nylon, sort of like parachute material, covers out there that help keep the dust to a minimum, and although water will somewhat pass through, it will dry out and not cause condensation.
Just a few thoughts.

Old 08-19-09, 10:10 AM
W
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The cover not breathing is a concern, but it can rain for weeks at a time around here in the winter, so that is why weatherproof sounds nice.

This one says it is water resistant, and has good reviews, but after a few days of rain, it’s going to soak thru, and keep the car wet for weeks/days, depending on if it gets driven or not.

This one says it is water proof, but does not have good reviews. Most covers seem to be oriented towards hot sunny weather. Not something I need to worry about up here in the soggy PNW. Only the hood sticks out and gets wet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: