Changes my brakes, now problems

Old 08-22-09, 01:43 PM
Changes my brakes, now problems

Hi, I have a 1998 Chevy 3500 dually van. I just changed the front brakes and everything went OK. I drove it right after changing them and had no problems but now when I drive it after about 5 minutes it starts acting up. The truck seems like it going to stall, the speedometer goes crazy and the anti lock light comes on. The only thing I can think of is the brakes I changed. When I did change the brakes I drove to the gas station and filled my tank up so I'm not sure if I got some bad gas? Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-09, 02:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You damaged your ABS sensor on one of the wheels.

Correction: I didn't see you had stalling problems too. It could possibly be bad gas. Is the check engine light on?

Old 08-22-09, 06:27 PM
The check engine light has been on since I bought the van 2 years ago. I guess my question is, is there something that I have to reset or did I not do something when I changed the brakes?

Old 08-22-09, 07:27 PM
Complete FLUKE.....

Your speedo operates off of the REAR SPEED SENSOR , which is bolted into the Diff....

Unlikely that Bad Gas will trip an ABS lamp.......

Look at the wiring to the "Pumpkin", for physical damage.....Look at the ABS module under the hood.....Did you possibly spill brake fluid on it????

Old 08-22-09, 07:46 PM
I hate to say this but it looks like its off to the mechanic. I've changed my fair share of brakes so I didn't think that was the reason but I'm no mechanic either. Thanks for all of your replies guys.