Check Engine Light - 1995 Toyota Camry LE Wagon

Old 09-01-09, 12:22 AM
Check Engine Light - 1995 Toyota Camry LE Wagon

1995 Toyota Camry LE Wagon, AT, 3.0L, 97,000 miles. Check engine light is on. Does anyone know how to extract error code? According to Haynes Repair manual, after engine reaches operating temperature, turn key to on (engine not running), put to nutral, short TF1 and E1 from self diagnose panel located either under driver side dash or engine compartment. I have done all of above, but check engine light is solid on and not flashing. I even erase check engine light by removing EFI fuse and check engine light turns on again after a few times of drive. I checked autozone and kragen. None of them diagnose check engine light. If anyone knows how to extract error code, please reply. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-09, 10:14 PM
Had my car checked by a mechanic and extracted out the error code "PO135". According to him, it is Bank 1 Oxygen sensor. Does anyone knows how much it will cost to repair it in San Francisco Bay area in CA? Can this be fixed by myself and where it is? What will happen if I keep driving without fixing it? Please help!

Old 09-03-09, 04:51 AM
You were probably in the wrong ports in the diagnostic box. The schematic is usually on a sticker in the lid and with it upside down, it's easy to get in the wrong ones. You would jumper the ports, then turn on the key.

The ox sensor you can fix yourself. Looks like they run about $75 to $100.00. Better to fix it. The Autozone site shows it to be in the exhaust pipe next to the catalytic converter.

Last edited by marbobj; 09-03-09 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-03-09, 02:49 PM
The Correct terminals for toyota/Lexus are "TE1 and E1"

Old 09-15-09, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
The Correct terminals for toyota/Lexus are "TE1 and E1"
Yes, I double checked and they are TE1 and E1. I had typo in previous thread. I still can't self extract out this error code. Shouldn't I able to get error code for O2 sensor? Does anyone know how to self diagose error code for this? Thanks!

Old 10-14-09, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by diyman View Post
Yes, I double checked and they are TE1 and E1. I had typo in previous thread. I still can't self extract out this error code. Shouldn't I able to get error code for O2 sensor? Does anyone know how to self diagose error code for this? Thanks!
Got a OBDII scanner to hook up and detected PO135 error code which is O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. This O2 sensor locates on the back of engine between engine and firewall closs to front passenger side. It can be easily to change by laying down on your stomach on engine. After changing it and reset check engine light, the problem was solved.