caravan power window works occasionally

Old 09-05-09, 03:13 PM
caravan power window works occasionally

I gave you your Own Thread...No one will see it if you piggyback on an existing thread.....
Originally Posted by superon View Post
I have a 2003 Caravan in which the driver side power window works only occasionally I have removed the panel but am not sure where to proceed from here. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-09, 03:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unc,

You gave him a thread? You a mod now, without being credited as such (yet)????

Old 09-05-09, 04:20 PM
The "wiggle test" (Sam, from "Sam's Garage" Saturday morning automotive radio show, mentions this test a lot) is your only hope in testing, unless you happen to catch it in the act of malfunction when you have the door panel off and voltmeter handy in your hand. The wiggle test is jiggling any switch, connector and motor wires, for example, in hopes that by doing so, you cause it to work by wiggling them, to make better contact, thus finding some bad connection somewhere, if that is what the case may be. As in any vehicle electrical malfunction, one area often overlooked is the ground. Locate and make sure it is making good ground.

But if the problem is there more often than not, then you can test all the wires, switches, electric window motor, and ground circuit - with a voltmeter. A wiring diagram of this might help. And you can get these, that show each colored wire and where they go, from the fuse on thru the device.

Old 09-05-09, 06:03 PM
does it quit when the window is in the up or down position, or will it quit at any time during its travel?

Old 09-05-09, 06:08 PM
No....Not a mod...As I sorta enjoy hiding behind the backdrop....

I was reading the post where SUPERON Piggy backed, and just simply moved it.....

I am a bit embarrassed though.....Being a Chrysler Tech, and forgetting to answer his question

Open the door...and remove the rubber boot...You will likely find a wire Pinched or overstretched and broken....

Or.... Sit in the van, and with right hand, work the switch , while left hand is swinging the door back and forth..(Open and closed)....You should be able to find a dead spot where the power goes out....

Old 09-06-09, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
No....Not a mod...As I sorta enjoy hiding behind the backdrop....
But I can't move threads like that. ????

Are you Sharp Advice's nephew or something? Come clean.

And yes, we are glad you actually answered the person. Sounds like your advice speaks from actual experience and cases known to happen.

Old 09-06-09, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
But I can't move threads like that. ????
Sure ya can......It was just a basic Copy and paste into a Blank thread....His original post is probably still in the thread where it started.

The Personal experience and "Cases known to happen".. Turns out to be MY OWN VAN....

Last edited by Unclediezel; 09-06-09 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-06-09, 09:31 AM
Ya. You're right. of course. That explains why your name, and not his name, was on the OP. In fact, I clicked onto your thread out of my shock and disbelief that you needed help about something wrong with a vehicle.

Old 09-08-09, 09:37 PM
door wire loom

Hi
Try checking the wire loom when the door is open. Where the wires come from the door post (cowl) they go through a rubber boot and usually into a plug at the door. Sometimes the plug can come loose or corroded. Try wiggling and pushing there while holding the switch with the key on of course. If you take it apart spray some wd40 on the contacts. A lot of times if the car has ever had an accident and the body shop didn't get the plug snapped in all the way, your problem will happen. Hope that helps.