2000 plymouth voyager

Old 09-05-09, 07:32 PM
2000 plymouth voyager

need to know why when i put on the ac or defrost it shoots green freon out of ac compressor over flow valve please help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-09, 08:30 PM
green freon.... Never heard of it referred to like that....

Freon isnt actually Green....HAs it been serviced since it was new????
The Green Tint is from tracer dye that is mixed with the oil in the A/c system...

Now.....The reason for a" High pressure blow off" is just that....Excessive "Hi -Side" or "Head" pressure....It vents outside at the compressor, so that the internal components like evaporators dont burst all over your passenger..

without having actual "Gauge " readings of pressures to judge by....3 common issues come to mind....

1..The "Blow off valve" is bad, and venting before "Critical " pressure is reached.....(In a perfect world..That should be NEVER)

2 Expansion valve is stuck closed , forcing hi side pressures to critical point...
or
3...Cooling fan does not come on with A/C command, and the freon "Overheats".....

There is a direct relationship between freon pressure and temperature.....The less heat it disperses, the higher the pressure.

The only one of the three I would recommend be done at home , for safety reasons, would be to make sure the fan works with the A/C button engaged......Seek proffessional help beyond simple visual checks of the system....Cold air in the car is useless if you are Blind and Frostbitten.....

Old 09-07-09, 09:29 AM
2000 plymouth voyager

brought my car to mechanic he told me it could possibly be the refridgerant pressure sensor and not the blow off valve is that so

Old 09-07-09, 09:35 AM
Possibly

The Blow off valve is doing its job....releasing excessive "Head" pressure...You need to know why the pressure is getting "Excessive" in the first place....

The refrigerant pressure sensor reads the pressure on the hi side of the system, and gives the PCM the "Go ahead" command for cooling fan operation....If the sensor doesnt read properly, the FAN WILL NOT OPERATE, and pressure will go "Critical"...causing the blow off to....well ...BLOW OFF...

so ...Yes , it Makes sense to me....

Old 09-08-09, 07:34 AM
sorry for being such a pain just want you to know the fans do come on when ac is on so we have to rule out the fans and when freon is in system it is blowing cold so does that mean there is no block

Search this Thread