intake gasket thingy?

Old 09-06-09, 08:18 PM
intake gasket thingy?

ok, got a 2001 dodge ram 1500 3.9l v6 5speed.

heres my question, the intake, behind the air filter and connecting to the throttle body is loose. i checked the screw clamp and its still loose. my buddy said there is supposed to be a gasket there to eliminate that. I can hear the vaccum very audibly from inside the cab. i've never heard about a gasket around the throttle body, IMO i think its stupid but hey its a dodge right? (no offence to the chrysler lovers out there). Beer 4U2 anyway i was wondering where you could pick one up other than a dealer

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-09, 01:15 AM
Its actually more of a spacer than a gasket.....Looks sorta like a Hockey puck with a hole in the middle....

Junkyards would be your best bet....Ram ,dakota durango, I believe they were interchangeable on all of the motors

Old 09-07-09, 01:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
[QUOTE=rednecksputter;1616672] i think its stupid but hey its a dodge right? (no offence to the chrysler lovers out there).QUOTE]

No offense to Ford for making a pickup engine so crammed under the hood you have to pull the entire cab to work on engine.

Old 09-08-09, 10:06 AM
No offense to Ford for making a pickup engine so crammed under the hood you have to pull the entire cab to work on engine. [/QUOTE]

yup, ill agree with you on that one.

so theres no way to get a new one? ill have to try and dig for one at a scrap yard?