need a dodge guy here


Old 09-09-09, 08:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hammond, Louisiana
Posts: 94
need a dodge guy here

ok, 2001 dodge ram 1500.

Im getting a loud sqeaking from the rear end, found a tsb on it on mitchell. Says i need a kit for spring tip lining and a isolator for the leaf clip. how would i go to obtain one and how much they cost. i called my local dodge dealer but you know them, they just gave me the run around. Thx in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-09, 08:53 PM
Unclediezel's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northeastern PA.
Posts: 2,230
In the actual tsb, the part #'s,and descriptions are listed.....

Google the reference # for the TSB.....Im sure the "Factory edition" will pop up somewhere.....Then just have the parts guy check Pricing and availability on the listed part #'s...

In defense of the parts guys.....They are not "Privy" to the same info the techs get, so asking him for a TSB "PArt" is useless.
Old 09-10-09, 03:21 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
Just don't try to buy a starter bolt from a dealer. They don't carry them. I asked what the length size and pitch was from their data base.....I asked what would they do if they had a truck that needed one.....shrug of shoulders. Gotta love 'em. So don't get excited once you get the part number if they don't carry them, or you have to bring in your first born as collateral until the part arrives.
Old 09-10-09, 06:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
.I asked what would they do if they had a truck that needed one.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes