2002 toyota camary cylinder missfire

Old 09-11-09, 03:06 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2002 toyota camary cylinder missfire

I have a 2002 toyota camary, 4 cyl. The CEL came on with a code for a missfire in the fourth cyl. I have reason to believe that the ignition coil is the problem. So I swapped the first and fourth ignition coils and a cleared the code. When the CEL returned there were codes for the first and second cyl missfires. I am not sure if I should replace the problematic coil or why there is a missfire in the second cyl.

Old 09-12-09, 08:54 AM
S
Please help

I realize that I didn't ask a question in my earlier post. Does anyone have any advice on the subject? Right now the only options that I see are, replacing the coil, (Money is tight and I hate to waste it on a part I may not need.) or take the car to a shop (I have yet to find a mechanic that I trust). Do you guys think I am on the right track? I have very limited auto repair experience and could use some trouble shooting advice. Thanks for the time.

Old 09-12-09, 02:20 PM
P
what condition are the spark plugs in?

is this EFI or throttle body?

fuel filter?

when you remove the plug from the #4 misfire
are there heavy deposits or alot of raw fuel on it?

how about the spark plug wires as well, old, cracked,
worn from rubbing on the valve cover?

Old 09-14-09, 10:58 PM
It would be Multi-Port EFI. Replace that ignition coil. You swapped coils and the misfire followed. It would be a good idea to replace the plugs at the same time. Easy and fairly inexpensive. Junkyard is a good option for the coil if money is tight. I have not had any issues with cheaper aftermarket coils on these cars.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: