??Special care for cloth top 07 Gr.Marquis??

Old 09-14-09, 09:07 PM
Question ??Special care for cloth top 07 Gr.Marquis??

Just bought a 07 Merc. Grand Marquis with black full cloth top. Are there any special care considerations? How about when I go through the automatic car was. I always have the wax options sprayed on the car. Will this damage or mess up this fabiric? I have been told by a couple of people that this fabric is some type of marine grade fabric that is used and that it wears like iron. Noone seems to know anything about clothe tops on cars or even what to call them. Thankx to everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-09, 10:17 PM
Is this a factory installed top??? I haven't seen cloth on a hardtop car for a lot of years.. Do you have an Owners Manual??? That will give you all the info you need to care for it.. If you don't have it,, order one from you're local Ford/Mercury dealer.... It's worth it's weight in gold.... Roger

Old 09-15-09, 07:05 AM
Hi Roger, I have owners manual, car only has 23,000 miles. Brand new condidtion. It is original factory installed top. They sure don't seem very common.(Cloth tops,that is) The car color is called Smoke Stone Grey, sort of a cool grey with gold flake. Very unusual. I have even asked at Zeebart and they didn't have any clue if there was anything I should do with the top.I am very particular about care and maintenance inside and out with my vehicle this is why I am looking for info on care of this top. The manual doesn't mention anything regarding the cloth top. Thankx Roger. Debbie

Old 09-15-09, 08:19 AM
I think I would check at the places that do car cleaning & detailing for their business.. Do you keep the car in a garage???? Roger