Curious what plug-in is!

Old 08-09-09, 08:08 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Curious what plug-in is!

ON my 98 ford windstar 3.8litre,just in front of the radiator on drivers side there is a black wire ,looks like it shlould plug-into something. Just hangs there clipped to the frame .I've seen it hanging there for years but dont know what it is. Thanks,I'm just curious may its useful and don't know it.

Old 08-10-09, 04:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Quite often cars are prewired for things like fog lights, although the option is not installed at the factory or dealer. You can check the plug to see if it has power using a grounded test light, and if so, you could use it for an auxiliary source of power if you needed one.

Old 08-16-09, 07:58 PM
curious what plug-in is

I am wondering if ford dealerships have a wire harness or plug=in to use with this plug-in for fog lights etc.
I have been wanting to install fog lights so i am doing some research to see which ones actually work best.Any ideas for fog lights.I'd like to have some that come with a dash switch that doesn't look homemade.

Old 08-21-09, 10:07 AM
curious what plug-in is

What in your opinion is the best fog lamp,white or yellow?

Old 08-21-09, 06:49 PM
T
Fog lamps

The effectiveness of a fog lamp is dependent on the beam configuration as much if not more than color. It needs to be flat and low to the ground, a flaring beam up in the fog will reflect back and blind the driver. It needs to be just above the road bed so you can see below the fog at the road surface. I used Perlux lights on my trucks for years and wold drive with just parking lights on with the fog lamps, they are a louvered lamp made of stainless with a pyrex lense and worked incredibly well but they arn't inexpensive.
Bill

Old 09-16-09, 09:26 AM
plug-in on 98 ford windstar

I have a plug in up by my radiator that has just two female terminals in it. Would that be the power auxilary or ground and if it is power source would that mean it is already grounded by factory? Thanks for any response.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: