ABS light on 02 Accord???

Old 09-19-09, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ABS light on 02 Accord???

I have a 02 Accord ant the ABS light is on. I stopped by a Texaco oil/brake change and hooked it up on there diagnostic machine and said that it was the front left vehicle speed sensor. Would the ABS light come on for the Vehicle Speed Sensor? I didn't know the speed sensor had anything to do with the ABS. I looked at the machine and it did say left front vehicle speed sensor. I thought I would have said it was the ABS sensor. Vehicle speed sensors are pretty pricey so I hate to buy one if it is not the problem. Anyway let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-09, 09:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The ABS and speed share the same sensor. This is not the sensor that tells you how fast you are going, but rather it tells the ABS module the speeds between the wheels, so if there is a difference between the speeds, it will compensate the braking.

Old 09-19-09, 11:23 AM
Im a little confused. Oreilly's website shows an ABS wheel speed sensor (looks like a differnet one for each tire) for about $30. 2002 Honda Accord ABS Speed Sensor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

They also have a BWD Auto Trans Speed sensor (no difference which tire) for $90. 2002 Honda Accord Speed Control Sensor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts says the ABS speed sensor does not apply to my car but the vehicle speed sensor does

Napa shows a speed sensor for $85. NAPAONLINE

They also have a have a ABS sensor for $42 or $113. NAPAONLINE

Im a little confuesd. If the ABS speed sensor and the vehicle speed sensor are the same then why are there 2 different parts at Oreilly's? Why does Advance Auto say there is no ABS sensor? Why did the read out from my car say "Front Left" vehicle speed sensor? I thought there was only one speed sensor on a car.

Old 09-19-09, 01:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You still have a speed sensor that mounts into the transmission. That is the sensor that give you your speedometer/odometer readouts. You need the one in your first link. Those others are the ones that mount into the tranny.

Old 09-19-09, 06:30 PM
ok. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-21-09, 06:53 PM
After I replace the ABS wheel speed sensor will the light stay off or will I have to carry it somewhere and have the computer reset?