1986 Isuzu I-Mark sat for 8 years

Old 10-05-09, 04:54 PM
1986 Isuzu I-Mark sat for 8 years

We dragged this over to our house for free the other day and changed the oil, oil filter and lubed up the cylinders with a few drops of oil. it started up like a charm with a new battery and gasoline and we drove it to find the the clutch and everything is in perfect working order.
There is one problem though. Today we got out to try and start it again and it's having troubles. it'l start for about half a second and then die like it's not getting any fuel. It is carburated
I also noticed that it sounds like it's missfiring, but i can figure that one out on my own.
Any suggestions as to what may be causing this slow line of fuel?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-09, 06:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What was in the tank before you brought it home? Gas or crud? Change the fuel filter and buy an extra one, because it will need it again, unless you plan on pulling and cleaning the tank. Pull the carb, too, as all the crud you pushed up into it has settled in the bowls. All this should have been done before putting the key in the ignition. Now you have to do it again, only it has spread out a little.

Old 10-06-09, 04:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think that has a mechanical fuel pump and the diaphragm may have dried out and ripped after you started it the first time. That was a old time problem I haven't seen in years.