1996 monte carlo window LS

Old 10-07-09, 12:52 PM
Cool 1996 monte carlo window LS

The window is all the way up and I can't get it down to remove the glass. The regulator is partially unhooked and is stuck in position. How do I get the window down in order to remove and repair it. The motor seems to be in working order but it will not move the window up or down.I checked the switch and it is good.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-09, 02:53 PM
If you remove the motor the regulator should "freewheel" and allow the glass to be lowered. Be sure to hold the glass when you take the motor loose, the motor is the only thing that holds the glass up.

Old 10-07-09, 07:45 PM
be'careful'!window regulators(the mechanical piece inside the door that the glass is attatched to) ths big-x- thing,on power windows-has a 'strong' spring-load involved!!
it can easily 'severly'cut a finger!
(it is like a spring loaded trap) -if you take the wrong screw out at the wrong regulator position- it will 'snap'!
if you/hand-etc is in the path-ouch!!

Old 11-26-09, 07:22 AM
1996 monte carlo window LS

Originally Posted by wire twister View Post
If you remove the motor the regulator should "freewheel" and allow the glass to be lowered. Be sure to hold the glass when you take the motor loose, the motor is the only thing that holds the glass up.
Thanks wire twister. I was able to get the window down without any trouble. Sorry for late reply.

Search this Thread