Chevy astro van remote code

Old 10-09-09, 07:50 AM
Chevy astro van remote code

My 2000 Chevy Astro van remote button is getting sluggish I think its just the battery. The manual says that when I change the battery it may have to go back to the dealer who wants $45.00 to reprogram it . Has anyone had this problem? I also would like to get a second remote but it will cost $90.00 just to program the two together plus $75.00 for the remote. Does this sound right or is there any way around this. Thanks John

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-09, 08:54 AM
I changed the battery in my wife's '98 astro remote recently with no problems. On the inside of the remote (near the battery) it says "To reset, press unlock and lock for 7 seconds near car."
I just popped in a new battery, stood next to the van, and pushed the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and held them both for about 7 seconds. It worked fine.
FYI, the top number on the back of my remote is GM 16245100-29. Yours is probably similar. Good luck.

Old 10-09-09, 08:57 AM
As to the extra remote...I got a couple of them that matched mine at a junkyard for $10 and they worked. Ask up at the front desk, or look through the junked vehicles and see if you can find one inside. Sometimes the keys are still stuck in the ignition, and sometimes you find them on the floorboards.

Old 10-16-09, 05:52 AM
Thank you

Thanks Peco's for the help

Old 10-24-09, 06:21 AM
Good remote program site

Well I came across a good site to pass on to anyone having trouble programing there remote it is programyourremote.com good luck John Beer 4U2