1994 bravada accelerating problem

Old 10-15-09, 06:51 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1994 bravada accelerating problem

1994 bravada 4.3 engine. while ideling it seems fine then it will chug like it wants to stall. give it gas and all is well .drive it and no problem but when you give it gas to go it wants to chug then it goes with no problem. what is the first thing i should check? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-09, 12:29 AM
Assumeing no check engine light you may have some carbon built up on the egr causing it to hang up slightly open.Doesn't sound like a fuel delivery problem since it is having low rpm problems. The next thing I check is ing system components.IE plugs wires ect. I don't think there was an idle control sol on the 94 but if it does have one that is anouther area to look but that should throw a light (check engine) The 94 did use both map and mas sensors, map till warmed up then mas after it went to closed loop but those would throw a light also. kinda need more info to give you a better direction but the egr is the first I would look at with no light since the ecu would think its closed and its not

Old 10-19-09, 04:44 PM
M
egr works fine .removed and it springs back and forth like it should. it seems to do this aftre it warmed up totemp. fuel pressure checks fine. could it be the injector port assembly. or a sensor

Old 10-19-09, 11:38 PM
Not really as I said before your problem is at lower rpms not in the higher range the next thing that does come to mind is throttle position sensor has a "flat" spot in it IE: doesnt have smooth reading all the way through the stroke. It doesn't toss a light 95% of the time due to it being on the bottem of the scale and only for a brief time if you were haveing problems in the higher rpms Id think injector or fuel pressure. Even a broken valve spring would cause this in the higher range. If it broke on the top or bottem in the middle it would do it all the time.It is sounding like the tps or a vac leak somewhere though, Tuff one to diag without hearing it , don't have my book on what pins to connect an ohm meter on to the tps @ home will have to follow up tommarrow sorry