98 Ford Contour Blower Motor blows fuse...

Old 10-19-09, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post 98 Ford Contour Blower Motor blows fuse...

I have a 1998 Ford Contour. I have been having a problem with the blower motor/resistor or electrical connection constantly blowing #37 30 AMP fuse. I have replaced the blower motor and the blower motor resistor, and it still continues to blow the fuse. It will run on A/C or heat for a little while until it finally blows the fuse. It makes a funny noise when I change the control from off to panel, panel/floor, defrost, and so on... The tempurature control will work on any setting until the fuse blows...PLEASE HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-09, 12:46 AM
To blow the fuse in that fashion requires a direct short to ground when you did the resistor was the connector in good shape?IE: no discoloration unplugged easy ect. I'd also see if you may have pinched a wire some where when doing the motor also. The quarters are cramped in there and know its a pain to check this out.Good Luck

Old 10-21-09, 07:33 AM
The original problem was the fuse blowing. Then, I replaced the resistor and it wasnt that. Then, I changed the blower motor and it wasnt that. There are no loose connections and the plugs dont have any discoloration and they are firmly plugged in. I also checked the wiring harness for any damage, burn marks, or melting and there is no sign of exposed wires. Do you think maybe it could be the blower motor switch? Oh, and I also checked the relay and it seems to be in good shape. When I had the panel out of the dash, I checked the wires before the fuse blew and the connectors to the blower switch seemed to get hot! Do you think that could be the problem? Thanks for the help!