plugwires are sparking

Old 10-20-09, 07:41 PM
Exclamation plugwires are sparking

I have a 1995 chevy s10 blazer with a 4.3 vortech motor in it, I changed the sparkplug wires on it and now Im having trouble get them in the right place so theywont short out. I have seen a diagram for the plugwires but I cant find it anywhere. can anyone help, please, and thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-09, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Not sure I understand the problem. A good quality plug wire won't short unless it gets rubbed through or burned through from being misrouted. There's no need to route the plug wires exactly as they were originally run from the factory as long as they are properly secured and not rubbing places that will damage them.

Old 10-20-09, 08:05 PM
new wires

i just put the wires on. ive been told the 95s are touchy wheh it comes to the wires.

Old 10-21-09, 03:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unless you bought the absolutely cheapest plug wires available, they won't be arcing. And as TG says, just keep them from rubbing against something to cause an abrasion. Not sure why someone told you they are "touchy" on a certain model. Plug wires have been around for a long time, and technology has come a long way. Wait until dark, open the hook and fire it up. See if it is arcing. Now, you may not have the boots secured around the plugs or on the cap, as it will arc there if not done right.

Old 10-21-09, 04:13 AM
thanks

guess Ill buy another set of wires and try again