water pump

Old 11-10-09, 06:27 PM
water pump

I ned to replace my water pump and need help. I need step by step instructions. its for a 1993 buick century v6. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-09, 06:47 PM
Go to autozone.com. They have repair manuals online. I checked and they do have one for your vehicle. All you have to do is register on the site.

Old 11-10-09, 07:00 PM
If it's a 3.1 like the one I had in a '95 Lumina, it'll be the easiest water pump you'll ever change. Just a circle of 5 bolts behind the pulley. No hoses or anything else to remove. Just be sure to open the air bleeder valve on the top of the engine so the block will fill up when you refill it. Hope it's the same and good luck,
Mike

Old 11-10-09, 07:16 PM
buick water pump

Thanks guys. Do I have to order parts and how long until I can pick them up anyone know????

Old 11-10-09, 07:22 PM
water pump

If I am remembering right this is one where you have to jack up the engine and take the motor mount out to get clearence to remove the pump.

Old 11-10-09, 09:52 PM
It's really easy. Just one of the bolts is part hidden behind the power steering pump pulley. I just did one of these not too terribly long ago. It's quite easy to do. Remove the belt, take out the 5 or so bolts from the old water pump, remove the old water pump, remove all the old gasket material, put the new gasket on the pump with a bold through one of the holes, then line up the pump with the bolt holes on the engine block, replace the bolts, torque them to spec, put the belt back on, and you're good to go. Takes maybe an hour. There is no bleeder valve on that particular engine, so you'll have to keep burping the cooling system until all the air is out.

Old 11-11-09, 04:40 AM
Group Moderator
Every parts store in town probably has it on their shelf.

Old 11-11-09, 05:13 AM
water pump

Ill try this again,, disregard my previous post I was thinking of something else... The golden years achhh