engine heating

Old 11-15-09, 01:36 PM
engine heating

my peugeot 307 2006 is always hot. the thermometer exceeds 90 degrees, and the fan works when temperature becomes 100 degrees. most of the time, the temperature is 95 dgrees. the strange thing is that its temperature remain less than 90 dgrees when the engine works but not driven,and the fan works when temperature is 90. I noticed that when the car is driven slowly especially in the city center temperature becomes more than 100 degrees. Please help me!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-09, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, this is basically a N American site..but those temps (assuming Celcius) seem perfectly normal. With antifreeze (which raises the boiling point) most vehicles run 220F to 230 F as a general rule.

Is it boiling over or steaming? If not..I wouldn't worry. You may just have a faulty sending unit which is pretty cheap to replace.

Old 11-15-09, 02:30 PM
Thank you for this information, but what worries me is that temperature of all cars here in palestine does not exceed 90C (the middle tic of the thermometer). Why does the fan runs at 90 C when the car is in the park, while it runs at 100C while driving?

Old 11-15-09, 03:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Stop and go traffic will put a extra burden on the cooling system since it is not getting large volumes of air normally seen while driving on the highways.

90c or 100c is not very hot at all for automobiles. Some vehicles cool a little better then others.

You could flush the old engine coolant and replace the thermostat if you'd like and see if it improves, but I don't see any problems with your car like Vic mentioned.

Old 11-15-09, 10:03 PM
Thank you very much for this valuable information. Now I feel better