Removing the driver's side panel on a 2002 Explorer

Old 11-24-09, 07:13 AM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Removing the driver's side panel on a 2002 Explorer

I went through the posts about this and they mention more screws than my door appears to have. All I see are the ones at the bottom. I'm trying to replace the driver's side mirror. Anyone had to do this before?

Old 11-24-09, 08:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
I think the panel slides up after you get the screws out... There is hooks on the inside of it,, not the push pins that we're used to... Try sliding it up & see if that works.... Roger

Old 11-24-09, 10:04 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
There is probably one under the power window switch cluster. The cluster should just pry out carefully.

Old 11-24-09, 01:03 PM
H
The cluster on the passenger side pops part way off on its own so I can't imagine any of the other things are hard to remove. Just wanted to get some input before I start yanking things apart.

Old 11-29-09, 10:01 AM
H
Did get this finished. Total of 3 screws. Two screws on bottom and one at the power windows cluster. To get the cluster off, you have to remove the panel around the door handle. That just pops off though. I did not have to unplug all the power stuff to get the door panel off enough to get to the window.

Almost lost a nut from the mirror into the door so be careful. Apparently the socket set that claimed to be magnetic wasn't.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: