Brake Vibration

Old 11-22-09, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Brake Vibration

I have a 95 camry and my steering wheel would vibrate when braking and its been over 60K since my last front pads and rotors change so I had them replaced with aftermarket parts. This is the 1st time I used aftermarket parts for my pads and rotors. Now, there is no more steering wheel vibration but the breaks are loud when pressed. I also feel a slight vibration in the brake pedal when pressing. It feels like the pads are rubbing against something causing the rough braking. Is that normal for using aftermarket parts? If not, what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-09, 04:46 PM
A number of things can cause that yes the pads are one if you went the bottem line pads they are not made of the same material as the OEM and can be noisy. The second thing can be your anti rattle clips either not installed or they came loose. The last related to the first is the anti squeek pad on the back side of the pad came loose and is binding /dragging when you apply the brake. I never skimp when it comes to brakes and get top of the line or OEM whenever possible you might try some anti squeek compond on the base side of the pads and lube all sliding surfaces with a silicone based grease (not antisieze or axle grease) and see if that stops the problem.

Old 11-22-09, 04:55 PM
Do anti rattle clips come with the pads and rotors? I did not want to spend all the money for OEM parts since the car already has 220K miles and I did not know how much longer I would keep the car.