Cobalt Stalling Issue

Old 12-05-09, 05:50 AM
Arn
Cobalt Stalling Issue

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt, 2.2, auto trans. Car stalls anywhere, anytime. It usually restarts right away but lately it seems to roll over forever before it will start. Ignition module has been changed & it made no difference so I still don't know if it's ignition or fuel. I'd hate to change the fuel pump & find out that wasn't the problem either, so I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the same symptoms or has any suggestions. Also, the brake pedal stays down so the brake lights stay on unless you lift it back with your foot. Is there a return spring or hydraulic actuator on these? Mickey Mouse Auto Sales seems to think it could be a brake booster issue but I think they're just trying to avoid having to fix it. It is my daughter's car & it almost seems like the dealer is waiting for their warranty to expire before they fix anything. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-09, 05:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It very well could be the brake booster. This would cause your pedal problems, and if it's loosing enough pressure, it would cause your car to stall.

Old 12-05-09, 05:58 AM
Group Moderator
Brake issue first; could be return spring or the brake light switch may just be out of adjustment.

For the stalling it would be a good idea to check the fuel pressure with a gauge to eliminate the pump as a suspect. Has the fuel filter ever been changed?

Old 12-05-09, 06:00 AM
Group Moderator
Hi Mark, good idea and I should have thought of it since another poster had a brake booster q this morning.

Old 12-05-09, 07:55 AM
Arn
Thanks guys. I called my daughter & told her to see if they'll do the booster under warranty since it has done this right from day one. If not, time to get dirty.

Search this Thread