99' Mazda A/C problem

Old 12-08-09, 10:16 AM
Question 99' Mazda A/C problem

I'm having A/C - blower problems. If I have my A/C on, the blower does not work on all settings except the highest. When I turn the blower to high, the blower works, but the A/C compressor does not. What's going on?? I live in South Louisiana where it's hot one day, cold the next, but always very humid

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-09, 11:54 AM
Your blower resistor needs to be replaced. Should not be too expensive, around $25.

Old 12-15-09, 09:30 AM
Thumbs up Thank you!!!

Thank you for the reply!! I'll call a parts house to get one located. Thanks again!!

Old 12-15-09, 11:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, but I don't get why hi speed stops the compressor. The OP might also have a ground problem.

Old 12-17-09, 09:05 AM
One of my vehicles has a blower switch that also controls the AC. If the AC switch is not working properly, the AC will not come on. In my case it was a cracked solder connection on the circuit board that was an integral part of the switch. I am not familiar with Mazda cars, however.

That being said, are you saying that the AC comes on when the blower switch is one of the other positions where the blower is not working but turns off when the blower switch is moved to the high position?

Old 12-17-09, 09:41 AM
Sounds like the A/C control that was in my 93 Ranger. Seeing as it was also Mazda based, the A/C switch is also part of the fan control. Like said you might have a cracked, or unsoldered connection behind the control panel.