fuses

Old 12-12-09, 11:24 AM
fuses

Hello
The owner's manual in the 2007 Toyota Corolla automatic, shows a fuse block with #s that tell what each fuse is for.
Then, it shows another section where higher #'s are located "on the dash".
I only see a 2'x3' rectangle with slots that appear as though a multitestor would fit on. I could be wrong but there are no fuses in it.
Where could these alledged high # fuses be when it says dashboard. i have looked everywhere;they used to be under the left knee but that is where the multitestor place is and there is an ashtray also.
In case I have a roblem with high # fuses I am stuck.
Thanx for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-09, 09:54 PM
It hangs to the left of the steer column under the dash there should be a release lever so you can swing it down if this is the box your seeing that is it. There should be a plastic trim plate covering this up down there. If you haven't removed the trim plate then your probably looking at the diagnostic connector.

Old 12-14-09, 09:58 AM
second fuse box

I'll take another look 'under' the dash where you said.
While I got you on the phone, can you see the oil filter from looking down into the engine? Mine is '07.' I'm a bit old and busted up so need to know where before I try to set up.
The guys with '09's are having a heck of a time with the new oil arrangement -I was just reading the thread.
My Corolla maintenance says every 15K retorque the drive shaft bolt;there is none. The dealer said to have this done is $37.00
God bless America, and please hurry!

Old 12-14-09, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Maniac Mechanic View Post
It hangs to the left of the steer column under the dash there should be a release lever so you can swing it down if this is the box your seeing that is it. There should be a plastic trim plate covering this up down there. If you haven't removed the trim plate then your probably looking at the diagnostic connector.
>>I can see a rectangular black box under there with writing that shows it is a fuse box - there is a white bracket around that area but i'm not sure what is holding it up.
Is this something a novice should be able to gain access to, to change a fuse or is it a 'leave alone item'?

Old 12-16-09, 12:31 PM
fuses

I never could get that fuse box to open,but,
I bought a 15A fuse for my 2007 Corolla but thinking all 15A are the same found out it is about twice as big as the fuses in my box.
I got ATO 15BP. What am I supposed to look for?
Sorry about the # of posts but it is time for maintenance and need some info to get the work done.
Do I get mini fuses or ?
Thank you

Old 12-19-09, 12:29 AM
Sorry been out of the loop for a while you probably have an atm-15 fuse if the ato is too big glad you found the box either the lever opens it or there will be two"pinch" tabs on it you squeeze together but if you know the fuse is to big I assume you got it open. I think the filter is on the bottem on that one cant remember for sure. They used to side mount it over the starter in front which dumped oil on the starter when changing it,(real good for the starter huh LOL)

Old 12-19-09, 02:17 PM
2 fuse boxes

Hi, glad you are back and hope you are well.
The fuse box in the engine compartment took a smaller than the ato but I got it.
The fuse box under the where your your left knee is, is the one I can't open. When this storms goes I will get under there with a lite and really look at it. There seems to be a white case holding it like a bracket.